Creating new list item doesn't automatically insert the item in the DB

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hi Brian,

When I add or delete an item in my sharepoint list, the new item isn't inserted and the deleted item isn't removed in/from the appropiate table. None the less, when I update an item, the record is updated in the db.

When I synchronize the slam content in the configuration panel the item has been uploaded/ correctly. 

In this list I have a workflow sending a mail and creating a task everytime a new item is inserted.

I already adjusted my web.config but no extra messages are shown in the event and messagelog tables.

<system.diagnostics>
    <switches>
      <add name="SLAMLogger" value="4" />
    </switches>
  </system.diagnostics>

Some help understanding this problem would be great.

With kind regards,

Koen

Developer
Mar 11, 2010 at 6:00 PM

When you add or delete do you see events logged in the SLAMEventLog table?  If the event isn't logged then it didn't occur, meaning SharePoint likely did not execute the event receiver.

-Brian

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hi Brian,

No record was added in the SlamEventLog.  Is there any other way to find out why this didn't work?

Thx,

Koen

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Brian,

I forgot the event log of the server, this is the posted message every time an item was added or deleted

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SLAM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  16/03/2010
Time:  17:28:39
Description:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AWS.SLAM.StructureMap.XmlTypeProfileSection.GetTypeProfileName(String siteCollection, String site, String id, String typeName)
   at AWS.SLAM.StructureMap.ComponentFactory.GetInstance[T](String siteCollection, String site, String id, String typeName)
   at AWS.SLAM.ComponentService.GetInstance[T](String siteCollection, String site, String id, String typeName)
   at AWS.SLAM.ListItemEventManager.<>c__DisplayClassc.<ItemUpdated>b__8()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at AWS.SLAM.ListItemEventManager.ItemUpdated(SPItemEventProperties properties)