Uninstalling SLAM

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I can't seem to find in any of the documentation all the steps required to uninstall SLAM.  Can you send me those instructions or post them on the codeplex site?  Thanks!

Developer
Apr 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM

First time we've been asked this.  Why would you ever want to uninstall slam?  :)

SLAM, in the end, is just a feature.  To remove it, just deactivate the feature.  You can also rerun the installer and select “uninstall”.

Yours,
Allan

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Thanks for the info.  Reason I am asking is because we are re-architecting our SharePoint lifecycle configuration and repurposing a test survey that has SLAM installed.  In order to make it mirror the other servers in the configuration we need to remove it.   When I went into the Solution Management page in Central Admin it did not retract like other solutions so I wanted to make sure I did not have to do anything special to uninstall it.

Thanks!

SMSCGE_logo_color smallJill Riesenberg

Data Architect – SharePoint

SMSC Gaming Enterprise, 2400 Mystic Lake Blvd, Prior Lake, MN 55372

Phone 952.403.5464

Mobile 952.220.1135

jill.riesenberg@mysticlake.com

Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:54 AM
To: Jill Riesenberg (GE)
Subject: Re: Uninstalling SLAM [SLAM:208072]

First time we've been asked this. Why would you ever want to uninstall slam? :)

SLAM, in the end, is just a feature. To remove it, just deactivate the feature. You can also rerun the installer and select “uninstall”.

Yours,
Allan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

The information contained in this message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination or copying of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system. Thank you.