How to tell SLAM to recreate all tables?

May 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hello there,

I installed and activated SLAM successfully. While trying to sync, I was getting errors so I changed the datatype of those columns in the config file and again deactivated-reactivated and tried to sync. But I noticed that the datatypes of columns in SQL tables (in the SLAM database) is not getting updated. So i thought I would ask SLAM to recreate all tables. SO I deleted all tables from the SLAM database and validated the configuration again successfully and tried to Activate. But as I deleted all the tables now when I click the Activate button I am getting following error:

Logging error: insert into [SLAM].[SLAMMessageLog] select convert(datetime, '05/19/2010 11:38:29', 101), 'Information', 'Deactivation Initiated'
It seems SLAM is looking for the SLAMMessageLog table and as I deleted it I can not find it..

So how do I recreate the tables? I tried to find if I can uninstall and reinstall but could not find any information about it..

If SLAM does not find any tables in the DB, shouldn't it recreate it from scratch?

Can anyone help please?

Developer
May 19, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Can you create a blank database and start over?  That should work.

May 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I tried to delete the existing SLAM database, but it did not allow me to delete it, saying the database is currently in use, though I closed the browsers.

May be I will try creating another database with a new name..

May 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Creating a new database worked..Thanks for your sugestion. It really helped.