This project is read-only.

can i using calculated field as relation key.

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:51 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2010 at 7:52 AM

curently i do a calculation to determine the key for list relation. by default, the calculated field return a text (or numeric) that represent of parent list ID. 

my SLAM configuration are:

<List Site="SomeSite" Name="ParentList" ActivationOrder="1">

<Fields>

<Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>

<Field Name="Parent" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>

</Fields>

</List>

<List Site="SomeSite" Name="ChildList" ActivationOrder="2">

<Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>

<Field Name="CalcPrnt" SPType="Text" AssociatedList="Parent" AssociationName="Parent-Child"></Field>   <--- this is a calculated field.

the tables are created successfully, but no rows found in the ParentChild table.

Thanks for your help.

Aris.

Developer
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM
You can't slam a calculated field to an association table. Association tables allow you to translate a look up (or cross site lookup) to SQL relationships. If you are trying to relate a partent list to a child list, you simply create a lookup in the child pointing to the parent and then slam that lookup as a relationship. What are you trying to accomplish? Allan
Jun 18, 2010 at 4:45 AM

It's about Codeplex Cascaded Drop-Down Lists (with filter). since the control can't slammed (refer to http://slam.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=81857), i trying to workaround, create a calculated field from cascaded drop down. i think it can be slammed. :) thanks for your support. i'll try another way.