This project is read-only.

SLAM attempted to locate its config

May 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM

SLAM attempted to locate its config at this location and failed to do so: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\sharepoint80\slam.config 

If I browse that path it opens the file. I checked permissions on the file and the service account has access as does the group Everyone.

I did have to manually deploy this solution so maybe I missed something in that step?

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I have the same issue too.... 

SLAM attempted to locate its config at this location and failed to do so: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\31524\slam.config 

When I copy paste the path in the browser manually, the file exists. I have checked the permissions for the file as well, and Everyone has read access to it.

Did you get a solution for that Paul? If yes , pls share that ... 

I even tried by adding an appsetting ""Slam.ConfigurationManager.Config"" in the web.config file .... but in vain. I still get the same error.

Please help!!!

Developer
Jul 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Have you confirmed the permissions?  Make sure the account your app pool is running under has access to the file.

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My Web application pool is running under Network Service account and I have tried giving full permissions to Network Service for that file. Still it did not fix the issue.

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have given my service account that the app pool runs under access to the file as well as given the Everyone account Read only access to the file and it still hasn't solved the problem!!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have given my service account that the app pool runs under access to the file as well as given the Everyone account Read only access to the file and it still hasn't solved the problem!!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Ok, I worked it out. After copying the slam.dummy.config file from the resources folder, it saved it as slam.config.config. Make sure you have the "hide extensions" option unchecked in Windows Explorer.

Yoshi

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I got the same error.

Running iisreset on my SharePoint server solved my problem.