Requirements to see new SP List Field in SQL

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hello world,

I've taken over from someone who setup SLAM for one of our clients. I have been asked to add more fields to Sharepoint.

Can someone please take me through what is requried when a new field is added in a Sharepoint List, to be able to see this new field in the SLAM SQL tables.

I can add the fields in Sharepoint, I can update the slam.config file and after I 'Activate/Reactivate SLAM' I can go to 'Validate Configuration' and see my new fields against their associated tables listed aok, but when I look into SQL my SLAM tables do not show the new fields.

I have tried doing a 'Synchronize SLAM' but this just says it is synchronizing and sits there doing that for over an hour???

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated, thank you.

Developer
Jun 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Have you reactivated slam?  That's when the fields get added to the DB.  But note, it won't have all the data in those fields.  To add that for all existing sharepoint data, you will need to synchonize which, if your dataset is large, will take a while.

Allan

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Hi Allan,

Yes, I have Reactivated SLAM. After this I can go to Validate Configuration and see the new fields against their associated tables. But still nothing in SQL.

The sync sits there, running for over an hour and no our tables are not that big!?!

We are running version Version: 1.2.0.6, perhaps I need to look at upgrading?

Any other ideas?