Lists with Large Amount of Records

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:22 PM

We are using Slam on SharePoint 2010. Got it installed with no issues and started to plug along.

I synchronized a dozen or so lists with no issues until I hit a list with over 10K records. The table was created in the database with no issues, but the manual synchronization button does not work. No errors, just finishes really fast, and when you open the table there are no records. So I deleted 9,000 records which left 1,000 records and it works. Is there any issues with synchronizing with large data sets?

Thanks

jerry

Developer
Dec 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I have not encountered this issue specifically, but perhaps you could try changing the resource throttling for your application.  Though the first setting is "List View Threshold" the description for it is "Specify the maximum number of items that a database operation can involve at one time. Operations that exceed this limit are prohibited."  and by default that is 5000.  Increase it to 50000 (etc) and see if that fixes the issue.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:26 AM

That fixed the issue!!!!! Thank you so much.  You have a really helpfull product.