Access Denied when Validating

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I have installed SLAM v1.3 and customised my slam.config for two lists with one field in each, but when I click Configuration > Validate, I get an error saying Error Access Denied.  It then tells me who I am signed into SP as and offers two options, to sign in as a different user or request access.  The access request appears to be for the entire SP site, which I have granted, but still no joy. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Ok, I got this to work by removing all standard SP permissions and just adding Authenticated Users and giving Full Control which has worked for now.

Onto my next problem, which is finding a solution for my original problem and reason for installing SLAM.  My scenario is the same as here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2493864/sharepoint-filtered-column-that-only-allows-item-to-be-used-once/8673294#8673294

Can I use SLAM to achieve this goal and if so how?

Developer
Dec 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM

You can certainly use SLAM to create that query, yes.  You would then need to create a custom lookup field that used that query to display the choices.

Yours,

Allan

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Thanks for the reply.  After searching the custom lookup field I figured this was what I needed to look into next.

One issue I have with SLAM is when trying to synchronise I get the following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleUnauthorizedAccessException(UnauthorizedAccessException ex) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetAllWebsOfSite(String bstrUrl, Object& pvarWebs, Object& pvarWebIds, Object& pvarParentWebs, Object& pvarLangs, Object& pvarTitles) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.SPWebCollectionProvider.GetWebsData(String[]& strNames, String[]& strServiceRelUrls, Guid[]& guidWebIds, Int32[]& nLanguages, String[]& strTitles, String[]& strDescriptions, String[]& strCreationTimes, String[]& strModifiedTimes, Boolean[]& bUserIsWebAdmins, Int32[]& nWebTemplates, Int16[]& nProvisionConfigs, Int16[]& nMeetingCounts) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebCollection.EnsureWebsData() at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebCollection.Undirty() at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPBaseCollection.System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at AWS.SLAM.Events.ListItemUpdater.Update(SPListItem listItem)

I added SLAMLogger entry to my web.config and this error occurs straight after the call to Update LI Delete Associations - For: IT - Mobiles Type: NumbersToUsers

Presumably this is down to SP permissions again, but I can't see where?  Can you advise?

Developer
Dec 30, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Based on what is throwing the error, I can only think of the obvious, are you logged in as a site collection admin?  I don't know why a site collection admin would get an error when enumerating through AllWebs.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Just tried changing the SP AppPool Identity to NetworkService from ApplicationPoolIdentity and it now works.  I guess SLAM requires using NetworkService as the AppPool Identity.