SLAM Control Panel does not appear

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I've followed the instructions in the Readme. Deployment of the solution is successful as the slam.dummy.config file appears in the resources directory,

but the Control Panel is not there in Site Collection Administration. That means that I can't activate SLAM.

I've tried re-booting, updating the Solution, and retracting and re-deploying - but none of that has made a difference.

Any suggestions on what I can check - or do - to see how I can get to the SLAM Control Panel?

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Are you logged into sharepoint as the site collection administrator?

Allan

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I suppose you have to ask that given that it was first post. But yes I an logged in as the site collection administrator. That's how I can see the Site Collection Administration menu entries. The problem is that the SLAM Control Panel doesn't appear amongst them.

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The link is added when the SLAM site collection feature is activated.  In your first question you did not mention this, so did you not activate the feature yet?

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Sorry I don't understand.  The readme says I activate via the control panel - which I can't find. You seem to be saying that I'll get the control panel link when I activate. That's either frustratingly circular or there must be some other thing to activate?

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Sorry if there is confusion in the readme.  (Because the 2007 setup used the SharePoint Solution Installer the feature would be activated as well, so in the manual process necessary in 2010 feature activation is separate)  There are two points of "activation", the first is the SLAM site collection feature, the second is in the SLAM Control Panel.  

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Light is slowly dawning. I did have to activate the "Site Collection Feature" and that does indeed make it appear.

Might be worth mentioning that in the Readme. Thanks for quick responses.