Inserts / Updates Creates Records, Sync Fails

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Hi,

I just installed SLAM 2.1 for the first time today.  The installation went smoothly and I created a very simple slam.config file with the following mapping:

<DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
  <List Site="/site/subsite" Name="Tasks" ActivationOrder="1">
   <Fields>
    <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
   </Fields>
  </List>
 </DataMapping>

When I update an item or add a new item, it appears correctly in the SQL database.  However, when I go to the SLAM Control Panel and initiate a full Syncronization, the loading spinner never stops spinning and the records never appear in the database.

I checked the "MessageLog" table and immeidately after the "Data Synchronization initiated" record I see:

MessageLogID   MessageDate                   MessageType    Message
35                     2012-07-18 22:52:56.013    Information       Trace Level: Error

I looked in the Event Log and my SharePoint log file and I can not find any more information.  Also, I tried to configure a different list to see if this issue was unique to the Tasks list and I am seeing the same behavior - individal changes sync but a full Syncronization fails.

Any ideas how I can debug this further?

Thanks!

Developer
Jul 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I attempted to reproduce this issue, but have been unsuccessful.  However, I was trying to reproduce it with the version of SLAM I just posted.  I've fixed a problem related to clearing the item context cache, which happens on individual item slamming, but also happens during the sync process.  I had not encountered it before making the fix, but perhaps sync was hitting the same error.  Therefore I suggest you download the wsp I just uploaded, update SLAM, and try again.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

The new build works - thanks!