Event Receiver is not firing when I update the SP List Item pragmatically

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I have successfully configured SLAM on a SharePoint server. There are around 6 lists were configured and were fully sync in the SQL tables.

I ma facing a wired scenario for some lists the event receiver is not getting fired only when the List Item is getting added or updated via code. The code is impersonating the system account to do the operation. I tried to update/add item into the same list manually via SharePoint UI and the event receiver gets fired.

I don't see any log entries for those operation in the log file.

Could you please help ! we are running out of time and we would like to use SLAM it looks very promising to us.

Thanks,
Michael Hanna
Developer
Dec 17, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Hi Michael,

Is your code running outside the context of SharePoint? If so, the issue is likely not that the event handlers aren't firing but rather that your code can't find the slam.config.

You should add an appSetting, Slam.ConfigurationManager.Config, pointing to your slam config. That should correct the issue you are facing.

Yours,

Allan
Dec 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM
The code is running inside the context of the SharePoint - Wep Part - SLAM.config exists under the web directory folder of the web application.
Developer
Dec 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM
So if you edit the items directly, they get slammed? Your web part, however, doesn't slam the items? Have you looked the in error log to see if any errors are being raised?

Allan