Problems with tables

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Hello, I have installed SLAM successfully but the tables ProjectsToClients and TasksToProjects keep empty other tables take data without problems. I have installed SLAM in MOSS(2007) SQLServerExpress 2005

Thanks in advance
Mar 3, 2009 at 12:24 PM
So data is slamming in the main tables but not in the association tables?

Can you send us your SLAM config?

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM
that's the problem

Here you are

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=SlamBD;Data Source=SRVVIRTUAL;User Id=sa;Password=sql" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

 <DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
    <List Name="Clients" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Client Name" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    <List Name="Projects" ActivationOrder="2">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Project Name" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
    <Field Name="Client" SqlType="Lookup" SPType="Text" AssociatedList="Clients" AssociationName="ProjectsToClients"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    <List Name="Tasks" ActivationOrder="3">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Task Name" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
    <Field Name="Project" SqlType="Lookup" SPType="Text" AssociatedList="Projects" AssociationName="TasksToProjects"></Field>
        <Field Name="Estimated Time" SqlType="decimal(18,2)" SPType="Number" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="Notes" SqlType="varchar(max)" SPType="Note" Required="false"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
  </DataMapping>
</Configuration>
Mar 3, 2009 at 12:50 PM
That looks correct.  What version are you using? 

If you go to the control panel -> activation -> synchronize, you end up with the same thing (data in the entity tables nothing in the association tables)?
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:03 PM
It should be the last version, I have downloaded today (SLAM 1.1.5 Setup)

Exactly that is the issue.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Are your lists set up as look ups?  So you have project with a look up to the client list and task with a look up to the project list?  When you look at the data in sharepoint, is it correctly showing the "join"?
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:28 PM
How can I set as look up a list?
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:45 PM
So your client field in your project list (and your project field in your task list) should be a look up. When you go to create column, rather than select text, you need to select "Lookup (information already on this site)." and then under "additional column settings" choose the client list and then the title field.  (Note: You can't change a text field to a look up. You'll need to delete the column and add it again.)

Looking at your SLAM config more carefully, you also need to change the client field in projects to:

<Field Name="Client" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Clients" AssociationName="ProjectsToClients"></Field>

and your project field in tasks to:

<Field Name="Project" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Projects" AssociationName="TasksToProjects"></Field>
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Thank you allan, that was the problem.
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM
My pleasure.  Happy Slamming!