SLAM:49864

Mar 11, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I have placed the slam.config in the root of my web appliction where i want to use SLAM (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\myapp2494). I have also tried to place the file under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\.

Nothing happens when i use the validation button. All i get is the welcome screen.

Tom
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Tom, are you using the latest version of SLAM? It's version 1.1.6, released last week.

The control panel is now broken up into four areas: the Welcome screen, Diagnostics area, Configuration area and Activation area. The way you describe the error leads me to believe that you're using a previous version, in which the Control Panel was a single interface.

If you aren't using v1.1.6 I suggest downloading it and using that version instead. If you are using that latest version already, please let me know.
Mar 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Hello Folks,

when i place the slam.config under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80 everything is fine. I don' t really understand that because thats the root of the SharedServicesApp.

best regards

tom

Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Are you sure that's your SharedServicesApp?  That directory, I believe, is the default directory for a new sharepoint web app.

Allan
Mar 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM
i'm not really familar with sharepoint and it's configuration but i'm almost sure thats the SharedServicesApp.
the dirs under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\ looks like follows:
\79 --> CentralApp
\80 --> SharedServices
\81 --> personal site
\otherdomain.myapp2494 --> Webapplication where i have SLAM installed

tom

Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Can you please send us an email at slam@awsystems.com, we want to set up a quick screen share with you some time if you don't mind so we can see what you are seeing.  I have not seen this behavior before.  If the key specifying SLAM's config location is missing then it just checks the root according to the AppDomain.  I'm also rather surprised that Central Admin is at \79.  Normally Central Admin is installed on a high port number.  You can change the port with stsadm, then move the directory to match and change the location in IIS, but if you are unfamiliar with SharePoint I would assume you did not go to the trouble to do that.  That being slightly beside the point, we would like to see your configuration and see if we can help directly.

Thanks,
-Brian