Lookup table not populating on data synch

Apr 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the great platform!

One problem though, I have 2 lists, Projects and ProjectTasks, where ProjectsTasks.Project  is the lookup for Projects.ProjectName. I installed, validated, activated, and synched the tables, all w/o any errors or obvious issues. All my tables are successfully created. But when i go to look at my tables, my lookup table ProjectTasksToProjects has no entries even though all the appropriate data shows in both Projects and ProjectTasks. I'm going to invoke the "there's no dumb questions" clause and ask why my lookup table has no entries, even though I suspect I may just be missing something obvious here. Here's my slam.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<
Configuration>
<
ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
<
add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=DB;Data Source=Server;integrated security=true;" />
</
ConnectionStrings>
<
DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM" >
<
List Name="Projects" ActivationOrder="1">
<
Fields>
<
Field Name="ProjectName" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
</
Fields>
</
List>
<
List Name="ProjectTasks" ActivationOrder="2">
<
Fields>
<
Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
<
Field Name="Project" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Projects" AssociationName="ProjectTasksToProjects"></Field>
</
Fields>
</
List>
</
DataMapping>
</
Configuration>

I tried to follow your illustrated tutorial closely, but i wonder if I'm missing something crucial regarding the lists' fields?

Thanks for any tips on this matter!

Developer
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Check if saving individual items creates a relationship so you know it is only a synch problem.  When you save a Task does it add an entry to the ProjectTasksToProjects table? 
Apr 17, 2009 at 9:09 PM
OK, it was indeed obvious, except to me. I wasn't aware of the lookup column type in WSS and had thought that was a SLAM specific term. Now I know better and I changed the column type to lookup. Now adding a new task generates the lookup data entries as expected. Synch still doesn't take with the prior data, but it's just test data anyway so I'm ok with that. I'll retry the sync with all new entries and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help and patience!