Problem When change slam.config

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM
The Slam Panel report this error:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AWS.SLAM.ComponentService' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: 'SPType' is a duplicate attribute name. Line 11, position 51. at

I have an type error in the slam.config, i change this. But the Slam don´t detect this change. Can you help me? Waht should do?

Thanks.

Sandra
Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Hm, I expect slam to open the config file "fresh" every time you go to the SLAM Control Panel.  I will test to make sure it will load changes right away.  Before that however I recommend just restarting your app pool, it will definitely reload the config from the file after that.

Thanks,
-Brian
Apr 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Thanks. I restart an now work.

Other question: So if i replace the slam.config, for example to add new relation and restart.
I can update the structure of sql, and sincronize again with this new structure.

Sandra

Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM
If you make a change to the slam.config after activation, after it has generated the database from the initial configuration, if you need to update particular configured types you can either update the affected SQL table manually or you can delete it and reactivate SLAM for it to create it again.  If you are adding a new Association then you do not need to do anything but reactivate and it will create the new table.

I hope that answers your question.

-Brian