Changed name of SLAM database

Sep 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM
Hi,
I had to change the name of the database that SLAM uses. I changed it in the slam.config file. The activation works fine but when I do a synchronise I get the following exception:

System.Exception: Logging error: insert into [SLAM].[MessageLog] select convert(datetime, '09/10/2014 13:32:00.565', 101), 'Exception', 'System.Exception: Logging error: insert into [SLAM].[MessageLog] select convert(datetime, ''09/10/2014 13:32:00.564'', 101), ''Information'', ''Update LI Start - ProjectTasks List: ProjectTasks ListItem: Anvils Not Heavy Enough, 5'' System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "SLAM_Test" requested by the login.

SLAM_Test is the name of the old database. Is there another configuration where this is still set to SLAM_Test and not the name of the new database?

Cheers,
Theresa.
Developer
Sep 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Since you changed the connection string I would expect it work, especially since you say activation is working. Once the slam.config is reloaded it should not be holding onto the old connection string. If it did then activation wouldn't hit the new database either. You might try recycling your app pool just to be sure the new connection string is being used.

Brian
Sep 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM
That worked. Thanks.