This project is read-only.

SLAM Control Panel

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to use SLAM, but I have a problem. I have placed the slam.config in the root of my web application. I have new web application with one web site and lists:  Clients, Projects and Tasks as exemplo in this site.

But when I push activation button, I receive the following erro:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AWS.SLAM.ComponentService' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'List' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'list'. Line 12, position 4. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r) at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri) at AWS.SLAM.Configuration.XmlConfigurationManager..ctor() at AWS.SLAM.StructureMap.SLAMRegistry.configure() at StructureMap.Configuration.DSL.Registry..ctor() at AWS.SLAM.StructureMap.ComponentFactory.Initialize() at AWS.SLAM.StructureMap.ComponentFactory..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) at AWS.SLAM.ComponentService..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at AWS.SLAM.ComponentService.ClearInstances() at AWS.SLAM.Administration.SLAMControlPanel.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Version: 1.2.0.3

A problem whit ConnectionString Database?

To SLAM work successfully, the lists should be created in sharepoit before to installing the SLAM?

Tks,

Wagner

Developer
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Wagner,

It seems to me that you have a problem with your config first, that perhaps you have a casing issue for the closing of a <List> tag. 

To answer your question as well: yes you should create your lists first then activate SLAM.  When SLAM is activated it attaches event receivers to those Lists and Content Types configured in the SLAM config so those lists need to exist in order for the event receivers to be attached.

Hope this helps,

-Brian

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Tks, for the quick response !! :-)

The problem is the same.
The link for the site is: http://spsrv003-vm:1355/sites/slamteste/default.aspx and My slam.config looks like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="slam">
    <add Name="slam" ConnectionString="Database=slam;Data Source=SPSRV003-VM\SQL2005;User=slam;Password=teste"/>
  </ConnectionStrings>
  <DataMapping DataSchema="slam">
     <List Site="sites" Name="Clients" ActivationOrder="1">
   <Fields>
           <Field Name="Client Name" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"> </Field>
          </Fields>
 </list>

<List Site="sites" Name="Projects" ActivationOrder="2">
  <Fields>
          <Field Name="Project Name" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"> </Field>
    <Field Name="Client" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Clients" AssociationName="ProjectsToClients"> </Field>
         </Fields>
        </list>
      <List Site="sites" Name="Tasks" ActivationOrder="3">
 <Fields>
          <Field Name="Task Name"  SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"> </Field>
   <Field Name="Project" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Projects" AssociationName="TasksToProjects"></Field>
   <Field Name="Estimated Time"  SqlType="decimal(18,2)" SPType="Number" Required="true"> </Field>
   <Field Name="Notes"  SqlType="varchar(Max)" SPType="note" Required="false"> </Field>
 </Fields>
      </list>
 </DataMapping>
</Configuration>
Any ideas?

Tks,
Wagner

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, brjenkins <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Wagner,

It seems to me that you have a problem with your config first, that perhaps you have a casing issue for the closing of a <List> tag. 

To answer your question as well: yes you should create your lists first then activate SLAM.  When SLAM is activated it attaches event receivers to those Lists and Content Types configured in the SLAM config so those lists need to exist in order for the event receivers to be attached.

Hope this helps,

-Brian

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Jun 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM

So first I see </list> before </DataMapping>.  It should be </List> (what the error is referring to), because XML is case-sensitive.  I would also suggest, because you are not using SLAM with the web application's root site collection, that you change the DataMapping node to <DataMapping DataSchema="slam" SiteCollection="sites/slamteste"> .  Specifying the site collection for the data mapping when using only one is not strictly necessary (so long as you perform all SLAM administrative tasks from the perspetive of that site collection), but it helps to avoid issues if you need to use SLAM with other site collections in your web application.

-Brian

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Thank you very much ! The SLAM worked :-)

But, my greatest interest is the : Hierarchy - SLAM Extension
Please,

Please, can send me a model of equal slam.config of the site (Shapes List).
I do not know how to adjust the slam.config.

Tks, 
Wagner 

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:09 PM, brjenkins <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So first I see </list> before </DataMapping>.  It should be </List> (what the error is referring to), because XML is case-sensitive.  I would also suggest, because you are not using SLAM with the web application's root site collection, that you change the DataMapping node to <DataMapping DataSchema="slam" SiteCollection="sites/slamteste"> .  Specifying the site collection for the data mapping when using only one is not strictly necessary (so long as you perform all SLAM administrative tasks from the perspetive of that site collection), but it helps to avoid issues if you need to use SLAM with other site collections in your web application.

-Brian

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLAM@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Jun 4, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Have you reviewed the instructions here?

http://slam.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Hierarchy

Yours,

Allan