Config error

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Somebody please help! i have installed SLAM with no problems, when i validate the config file i get an error i cannot work out why please see below my config and the error. (database in SQL is called "slam")(the lists are in a list libary in a subsite called "customer services")

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=slam;Data Source=SERVERNAME;User Id=DOMAIN\Administrator;Password=XXXX" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

<DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
    <List Site="customer services" Name="CS Email Database" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="OtherListLookup" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="OtherList" AssociationName="ListToOtherList"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    <ContentType Name="ContentType" ActivationOrder="2">

the error:

Database connection could not be established.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\Administrator'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlConnectionManager.UseConnection(IConnectionUser user) at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.get_IsSqlCe() at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.InitializeProviderMode() at System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) at System.Data.Linq.DataContext.ExecuteMethodCall(Object instance, MethodInfo methodInfo, Object[] parameters) at System.Data.Linq.DataContext.ExecuteQuery[TResult](String query, Object[] parameters) at AWS.SLAM.Administration.Configuration.<>c__DisplayClass3.b__0()

Unmatched Types
customer services - CS Email Database (Could not open Site)

Any help would be much aprreciated.

Developer
Jun 10, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Maybe this will be helpful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555332 This would be my first guess that perhaps your SQL server is not configured to use SQL server authentication but your connection string is constructed as it to use it.

As for the CS Email Database matching, it says it can't open the "customer services" Site.  When specifying the Site name make sure it's the "name" shown in URLs, such that if your the location of your List is /services/Lists/CS Email Database/, though you may have set the display name for the site to be "custom services" you would be "services" into the SLAM config. 

Hope that is helpful,

-Brian

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Thanks for your fast reply, i have to wait for our SQL guy to come in before i can change any settings but as for the second issue i have changed the paths and now get 2 match's and one unmatched, i am not sure what this means?please see the error below ..

Matched Types
crs/cs - CS Email Database
Matched Fields
crs/cs - CS Email Database: Title
Unmatched Fields
crs/cs - CS Email Database: OtherListLookup

Developer
Jun 10, 2009 at 5:28 PM

What the configuration validator is doing is trying to match what you have specified in the config with "types" (Lists or Content Types) and Fields of those Lists or Content Types in SharePoint.  So this tells you it can find the CS Email Database List and it can find the Title field, but it cannot find the "OtherListLookup" field.  I am guessing you would probably remove the Field from your config since OtherListLookup is from the dummy config file (or add it to your list if you are just testing things out).

-Brian

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Oops feeling a bit silly now! a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Is there a way of changing the script so it will look for windows authentication instead of SQL? my SQL server is only windows authentication which i cannot change without permission from the developer who is away for a few weeks.