This project is read-only.

Config Oddities

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:24 AM

So just for fun in my troubleshooting, I backed up 1 site collection and restored to another.

My config file had the heading:

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM" SiteCollection="sites/siteA">

I put this on siteB. Just for fun I went to the SLAM page and noticed a few things:

1. The config file validated , even though I was on siteB and there was no configuration for siteB

Then I created a blank site. There were no lists on the site at all

1. The file validated

2. When I clicked Activate...according to the log, it created and attached events for my phantom list

Developer
Jun 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM

When the config was validated for siteB did it show types being matched?  Because you defined the SiteCollection for your DataMapping I would assume a validation of siteB would show nothing though of course it would succeed in "validating".  When I have activated SLAM against site collections in a multi-sitecollection configuration I have not seen this occur where the wrong site collection data mapping is used.  In this case I would suspect that you ran it against siteA instead of siteB. 

As for the activation against the blank site, I assume you did not mean a blank site collection, what is the "phantom list"?  You say you did not add any lists to the blank site.  You activated SLAM but lists are configured from other sites, and activation of SLAM occurs from the root of the site collection. 

-Brian