Reproducable Error, and event interference with Workflows
I have configured SLAM to attach to a doc library...well the SPList associated with the Doc Library I guess.
Issue #1 ( Associate with a doc library and updates only on update not new):
- Add a doc to the doc libary and SLAM DB will not get the update
- Change a property on the newly uploaded doc and SLAM DB WILL get the update. Odd.
Issue #2 (Interference with OTB Workflows on Automatic):
1. Create a doc library
2. In Sharepoint Designer, create an OTB Workflow. My test was to update the Title with the Name field.
3. Allow the workflow to kickoff for New Document creation
4. Register the doc library with SLAM
5. Updload a document to the library
The following happens:
1. The workflow displays "Failed to Start (retrying)."
2. On the next automated SP attempt at the workflow it WILL succeed
3. The record is not passed to the SLAM database
To confirm this is a conflict with automation and SLAM:
1. Change the OTB Workflow in Sharepoint designer to "Manual" and remove option to start based upon new document
2. Upload your document
3. SLAM table will not get the update ( I assume this is a Sharepoint thing..as only the Doc Library has been updated...the SPList has not yet had a modification ?)
4. Manually start the workflow
5. Workflow succeeds
6. SLAM db gets the update
7. Subsequent edits to the Doc library item will be updated by SLAM