Cannot Activate SLAM...

Oct 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Hi All,

I am very interesting to test this solution, but... I face a problem as soon as i want to activate it (file not found)

Fichier introuvable.   à Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken)
   à Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl)
   à AWS.SLAM.Activation.DataSynchronizer.Synchronize(String sharepointSiteLocation)
   à AWS.SLAM.Activation.Activator.Activate(String siteCollectionName)
   à AWS.SLAM.Administration.Activation.btnAttachEvents_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   à System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Installation/configuration was fine. - I ran it as a 'super user'.

salm.config is located here : C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\WebApp\InternalWebSite and contains :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=SLAMTest;Data Source=MYSERVER\SBSMONITORING;User Id=sa;Password=xxxx" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

  <DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
    
    <List Site="Formations" Name="Formations" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="IDFormation" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    
    <List Site="Formations" Name="Installation environnement" ActivationOrder="2">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Formation associée" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="Formation associée" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Formations" AssociationName="InstallToFormation"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    
  </DataMapping>
</Configuration>

Any Idea ? I search on this site, and find several activation issue, but nothing goes right.

Thanks.

Developer
Oct 6, 2009 at 2:54 AM

Is "C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\WebApp\InternalWebSite and contains" the root of your IIS site?

If so, then perhaps the issue is that the permissions on your SLAM config are such that SharePoint can't access it.  Try giving everyone access as a test.

Allan

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Allan,

Thanks for replying.

'.\Internalwebsite' was my root. I seted up eveyone access.

But, that wasn't the clue.

In fact, As I am in a SBS environnement there is an alias on the main SP web ('companyweb')...

I saw this morning several application error in the windows error logs. They talk about wrong links/rights between url and https stuff...

So I launch configuration directly on the server with the http://sites:987 base URL... And, it works fine.

Do you want I send you the error details ?

Developer
Oct 20, 2009 at 8:00 PM
The thing about this file not found error is that it is occurring in the SPSite constructor. So the problem has nothing to do with the slam.config, in fact at this point I expect that the event handlers are already attached. If you checked your lists with SharePoint Inspector, for instance, you could see this. That said, I am not sure why the SPSite constructor would throw a file not found error. Activation calls Synchronize for purposes of building the table (but not doing a full synch of the data at that stage), the Synchonize method you see in the stack can of course be called outside of this context so it takes as a parameter the location of the site collection against which to do that synchonization. So Activation just passes into it the Url of the SPSite from the current context. So unless that current context is empty, in which case an error would likely have been thrown before its calling synchronize, or at least other errors would be logged in the SLAMMessageLog table, I am not sure why reopening the same SPSite wouldn't work. I would start then by checking if the event handlers are indeed attached and if there are other messages/errors by going to diagnostics.