List not syncing

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:38 AM

I began by installing slam and then validating my config and then activating. All went well then when it try to sync not data gets put in the table and I get an error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AWS.SLAM.Configuration.XmlSqlDataMapping.GetTypeFields(String id, String typeName) at AWS.SLAM.Events.ListItemUpdater.Update(SPListItem listItem)

So being I had the great idea, why dont i reinstall. so I did at whic point I cannot activate and always ge the error

Feature 'a3c57d6d-bc96-44ea-a169-0e41bb429ee1' for list template '10002' is not installed in this farm.  The operation could not be completed.

So is there any way that I can just start over? I have tried removing the soulution but always with the same results. And I still dont know why it wont sync in the first place. This looks like really neat software if I could just figure out how to use it. Aslo when the tables are created in sql there are three extra columns that I did not map in my xml file, could that have any thing to do with it?

Developer
Oct 10, 2009 at 4:21 AM

Though I do not know what relevance it has, feature 'a3c57d6d-bc96-44ea-a169-0e41bb429ee1' seems to be the PlanetWilson ColorCalendar, as I can see in this post (just in the person's enumeration of features...)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/aaa38cfb-9418-4ec2-afce-1b4727216b65

I can only assume you do or have had that feature installed, maybe uninstall it and try uninstalling SLAM?  Maybe it needs repaired?

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Ok you were right I reinstalled the color calendar and the activation part works fine now. Although I am still getting the error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AWS.SLAM.Configuration.XmlSqlDataMapping.GetTypeFields(String id, String typeName) at AWS.SLAM.Events.ListItemUpdater.Update(SPListItem listItem

when i try to sync. In the table there is a ListItemId , List RelativeID and a ListId field that i did not map, and were made by slam, should this be mapped somewhere. It looks like ListitemId is the primary key so I  am sure those fields have something  to do with it. But were are those fields in the list ?

Developer
Oct 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM

These are columns that SLAM adds to any table of a type, the ListItemID is the UniqueId of a list item in SharePoint, ListRelativeID is the integer ID of a list item, and ListID is the ID of the List containing the list item.  ListItemID is the primary key of the table because it is the unique ID of the list item across all lists.  So if you were slamming a content type, you may have many items with a ListRelativeID of 1 but all with different ListIDs and unique ListItemIDs.

As for the activation error, does your config validate?