Sharepoint to MS SQL

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I am not a programmer nor administrator. But I need to get Sharepoint data into my MS SQL database. Is SLAM the right thing to use? I assume the Sharepoint Administrator would have to install it for me. We have about 500 classes and descriptions that are going to be listed in Sharepoint and I will need to get them into my MS SQL database so that I can then have my website show the data. The MS SQL DB is already created just need to pull the Sharepoint data in. OK I hope that explains everything. Is SLAM what I will need?

Any help is appreciated!

Developer
Oct 22, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi igirl,

SLAM will indeed help you get your SharePoint data into SQL.  You will need a sharepoint admin to help you set it up and configure it.  We are also, of course, happy to help.

iboy

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Thank you so much iboy haha!

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Once the data is in SQL I can use it however i wish correct??

Developer
Oct 22, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question but, once the data is in SQL, it's just data in SQL so you could use it any way you wish as long as it's doable in SQL. 

If you want to tell me what you're planning on doing with it, I could tell you whether you might run into problems.

Allan

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I just need the data in the db so it can show up on my website (asp). I think it will work just the same as it does now.

Developer
Oct 23, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Indeed.  In fact, that's exactly what we do in Content Slammer, our Content Management system. 

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM

awesome thanks a bunch!