Error: SLAM attempted to locate its config...

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hey all,

I'm having a problem getting SLAM set up on another machine, SLAM tells me: SLAM attempted to locate its config at this location and failed to do so: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\slam.config

However, when I copy and paste this path into Windows Explorer, the slam.config file opens in VS.. weird. Here is my config file (with server details changed to avert prying eyes).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=sharepoint_dev2_slam;Data Source=DSQL1\SQL2005;User Id=DEV\foo;Password=bar" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

<DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
    <!--
    <List Site="subsite" Name="List" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="OtherListLookup" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="OtherList" AssociationName="ListToOtherList"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
    <ContentType Name="ContentType" ActivationOrder="2">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="ListLookup" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="List" AssociationName="ContentTypeToList"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </ContentType>
    -->
  </DataMapping>
</Configuration>

Any ideas? Thanks..

Pete

Developer
Nov 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Hi Pete,

The issue is almost certainly with the permissions on the file.  The service account that sharepoint is running in doesn't, for some reason, have access to read the file.  Check the account assigned to the sharepoint appool and make sure that account has access to the file.  To confirm this is the issue, you can temporarily give read access to everyone and SLAM should then be able to see the file.

Allan

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Spot on Allan! Thanks a lot.

Pete

Developer
Nov 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Glad to help.  Consider giving us a rating please and, if you're interested, send an email to slam@awsystems.com so we can add you to our SLAM-announcements mailing list.

Allan