Activation Error

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I downloaded 1.2, set up the configation and everything went fine. The tables were populated. Then I modified the config file by adding a couple of new columns. After that, none of the Activie or Deactivate works. I deleted/recreated the databases many times, deactivated/activated the feature many times, and retracted/deleted/reinstalled the solution many times. Also did iisreset and even rebooting the web server. But every time I got the error of this:

"
Save Conflict

Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate)
"

I'm wondering if there's any registration key on the server that needs to be deleted or modifed. I'm very curious why I cannot start from scratch again.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Developer
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I cannot think of a reason that you are getting this error, but so that I am clear, is this error happening on activate?  You're seeing it in the SLAM message log?

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM

On both Activate and Deactivate. The SLAM message log just says 'Deactivation Initiated'.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hi Jackxiao,

Just wondering if you found a solution to this problem. I am currently experiencing exactly the same issue...

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Nope. I've given up using the SLAM tool for now. Let me know if you've found the workaround.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I have run into the same thing, we have been running it fine for a few months now and it has died. Really need a solution for this as my customer is using SLAM to run their BI.

Developer
Mar 24, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Is there more of a stack trace than listed above?  On activation SLAM is just attaching event receivers and it even is setting AllowUnsafeUpdates to true.  With that setting alone I'm surprised to see a save conflict error, but I'd like to know whether the exception is really thrown on addition of a receiver and I assume that means there is a either a conflict in saving the receivers or, if it's a content type, the content type.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I was able to install, and sync for a bit. I initially setup just a couple columns, but now would like to add more. My plan was to Deactivate in the SLAM control panel, then modify the config file and reactivate. Well, whenever I click the Deactivate button, I'm getting this error:

Save Conflict

Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be
applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes.   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName,
Boolean bMigrate)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName,
   Boolean bMigrate)

There is not a stack trace generated in ULS for this. So then I thought I'd just try to disable the feature. Whenever I try to do that I get the same error, but then a stack trace IS generated in ULS:

Feature Deactivation: Failed to deactivate the Feature 'SLAM' (id: '7a5c5b0e-9ede-4cfe-b72d-2b84a4ddef5f'), 
exception thrown: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Save Conflict Your changes conflict with those made 
concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, 
refresh the page, and resubmit your changes. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x81020037): 
Save Conflict Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes 
to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes. at 
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, 
Boolean bMigrate) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String 
bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at 
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.SetListProps(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bMigrate) 
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.Update(Boolean bFromMigration) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.Update() at 
AWS.SLAM.SharePoint.SharePointServices.DetachAllEventHandlers(String assemblyName, String listClassName, 
String contentTypeClassName) at AWS.SLAM.Activation.Activator.Deactivate() at 
AWS.SLAM.FeatureReceiver.FeatureDeactivating(SPFeatureReceiverProperties properties) at 
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce) at 
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Deactivate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, Boolean fForce) at 
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Remove(Guid featureId, Boolean force)

Since this is my dev machine, I've tried uninstalling the feature, restarting sharepoint services (and app pools, etc), then reinstalling everything, but still no luck. I'm still able to sync, but if I click the activate or deactivate buttons I get that error...

Any thoughts? Anything else I can provide to help troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2011 at 2:21 AM

I resolved my issue some time back. The issue was caused by a duplication of a sharepoint list. Some how SharePoint gave two lists the same GUID which I think may have been caused a restore (not sure). I deleted the duplicate and since then SLAM works like a charm. Hope this helps someone.

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Interesting... that ended up being my problem too. Very strange...

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Hi...

I´ve been tested SLAM with this scenario e i Just want to ask if is possible do build a new Sharepoint 2010 version that  includes "AllowUnsafeUpdates=True" BEFORE attach the Event Receiver and set to false AFTER the operation

When the solution already have a EventReceiver, SLAM throw this error because AllowUnsafeUpdates is not declared as true before the code

I'm not deployed a full solution because the Sharepoint 2010 BETA is not present in Source Repository

Can you, brjenkins, make this build updated for us?

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Hi...

I´ve been tested SLAM with this scenario e i Just want to ask if is possible do build a new Sharepoint 2010 version that  includes "AllowUnsafeUpdates=True" BEFORE attach the Event Receiver and set to false AFTER the operation

When the solution already have a EventReceiver, SLAM throw this error because AllowUnsafeUpdates is not declared as true before the code

I'm not deployed a full solution because the Sharepoint 2010 BETA is not present in Source Repository

Can you, brjenkins, make this build updated for us?

Developer
Aug 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Edited Aug 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM

rodharden,

I have actually been working on the next version of SharePoint 2010, but I have not had time to prepare a release due to client work.  The new version will include several new features (better representation of item "locations" in SharePoint in the database, a system for synchronous updating, among other things), so that release will require a non-trivial update to the documentation.  That release will occur in the near future, but as I said due to my schedule it is not likely going to happen this week.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Hi brjenkins,

I´m sure that you´re having a lot of work in this release, but i just want a two line modification "AllowUnsafeUpdates=True" on SLAM.core.dll, in "Activation.cs".

If you can´t change, I will pleased to receive a Sharepoint 2010 BETA source, to include this patch and post asap this change, to send to another users having this issues

Is it complicated put this source in downloads section?

Regards