SLAM fields of type CrossSiteLookup

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I'm using the free addon from
http://tonybierman.com/blog/2008/07/17/free-custom-cross-site-lookup-column-add-on-for-wss-v3/

This allows me to create Lookup fields that can reference lists in other sites within the site collection.  I'm using it on one of the lists that I am synchronising to SQL Server using SLAM.  It passes the Validation done by SLAM (as the field names match) but it isn't able to synchronise the list.  When you try to do so you get the error:

06/01/2010 09:38:30 Exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 at AWS.SLAM.Data.SqlDataRepository.UpdateItem(String tableSchema, String tableName, String id, Hashtable values)
 at AWS.SLAM.Data.SqlDataServices.Update(String typeName, String id, Hashtable values)
 at AWS.SLAM.Events.ListItemUpdater.Update(SPListItem listItem)

I've tried changing the SPType for this field to  "Text", "Lookup" and "CrossSiteLookup" but to no avail.  As it happens, no one has yet populated this lookup field so, for the momeny anyway, I'm getting away with not "SLAMing" field field.

I understand that it might be difficult to diagnose this one as I'm using two seperate add-ons and having trouble with them, but hopefully someone might be able to suggest something!

thanks

Dave

Developer
Jan 6, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Can you post the configuration for your list?  SLAM will work with a CrossSiteLookup, but I would recommend you treat it as an association like doing:

<Field Name="My Lookup" SPType="Lookup" AssociationName="ThingsToOtherThings" AssociatedList="OtherThings" />

-Brian

May 11, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Is the Free Custom Cross-Site Lookup Column Add-On for WSS v3 still available? I can't find it anywhere...