Event handler not working

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hi

I was searching for a opensource for long time and finally found it. It is a nice one.

I installed SLAM and activated the features. I was able to create the sample slam database and sync data between list and database.
But when i create or update a list item from sharepoint, it is not updated in database. I reactivated SLAM feature and also did uninstall/install slam.
But didnt fire the event handler?
Any reason?

Note: When i Intially installed, I installed slam first and then ran the registry exe. So i thought that might be a reason, so i removed the feature and installed it again. But it didnt work either.

Thanks

Ganesh

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Hi,

Still couldnt figure it out. Any help?

Thanks
Ganesh

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Add the following to your web.config after the config sections:

<system.diagnostics>
<switches>
<add name="SLAMLogger" value="4" />
</switches>
</system.diagnostics>

This will add verbose logging to the slam diagnostics (which you can see in the slam control panel).  When you save an item then, do you see any activity/errors?  If not, try downloading SharePoint Inspector and seeing if the event handlers are attached.

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

I had the same issue... when I create or change list items they are not updated in database. I've tried to check verbose logging and use SharePoint Inspector and everything seems to be ok. No error messages logged and events are correctly attached to lists.  Manual sync works fine and SLAM version 1.2 is installed.

All the best,

leopaiv@