not able to synchronise with cascaded lookup type

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Hello First of all congratulations for this tool

i'm use "Codeplex Cascaded Drop-Down Lists (with filter) with SLAM . tables are correctly created but the synchronization does not work. SLAM is what works with this type of control?

below an example of my slam.config (Cascaded lookup "Produit" in Pointages SPLIST doesn't syncronize . Other simply lookup works and syncronize.

Can you help me ?

thanks.

Lionel

<!--//Liste:Projets //-->
    <List Site="/xxxx/yyyyyy/" Name="Projets" ActivationOrder="8">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Produit" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="SousProduit" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Projet" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Description" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="RP" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Rsu" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Rar" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="RU" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Etat" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Choice" Required="false"></Field>

<Field Name="Phase" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Phases" AssociationName="ProjetsToPhases"></Field>
        <Field Name="Client" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Clients" AssociationName="ProjetsToClients"></Field>
        <Field Name="Avion" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Avions" AssociationName="ProjetsToAvions"></Field>
        <Field Name="Affaire" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Affaires" AssociationName="ProjetsToAffaires"></Field>
        <Field Name="Service Demandeur" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Services" AssociationName="ProjetsToServices"></Field>
        <Field Name="Portefeuille Groupe" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Portefeuille-groupes" AssociationName="ProjetsToPortefeuillegroupes"></Field>

</Fields>
    </List>

<!--//Liste:Pointages //-->
    <List Site="/xxxx/yyyyyy/" Name="Pointages" ActivationOrder="9">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Title" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Todaydate" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Charge (H)" SqlType="int" SPType="number" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Collaborateur" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
         <Field Name="Produit" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Projets" AssociationName="PointagesToProjets"></Fiel>
         <Field Name="Client" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="Clients" AssociationName="PointagesToClients"></Field>

</Fields>
    </List>
Developer
Jan 24, 2010 at 9:03 PM

The closing tag for that item is </Fiel> instead of </Field>.  See if that's the issue.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2010 at 8:27 AM

</Fiel> instead of </Field> was a mistake to copy and paste on the forum.

The problem persists.

Below an example shorter or syncronistation not working (but empty table created)  :

are you sure that "Cascading Drop Down List (With Filter)" can be used as "Lookup" with SLAM ?

thanks you for your help

<!--//Liste:REFLISTE //-->
    <List Site="/xxxx/yyyyyy/" Name="REFLISTE" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
      </Fields>
    </List>

<!--//Liste:SSREFLISTE //-->
    <List Site="/xxxx/yyyyyy/" Name="SSREFLISTE" ActivationOrder="2">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="reflistename" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="REFLISTE" AssociationName="SSREFLISTETOREFLISTE"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>

For information (colums for SSREFLISTE) :

Column (click to edit) Type Required Title Single line of text reflistename Cascading Drop Down List (With Filter) Created By Person or Group Modified By Person or Group
Developer
Jan 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

> are you sure that "Cascading Drop Down List (With Filter)" can be used as "Lookup" with SLAM ?

As long as the field represents itself as a valid lookup column, SLAM should work with no problem.  We have not, however, actually tested that field.  Perhaps someone else has?

Is this issue just with Sync or does the same issue happen when you edit an item in the list?

Try slamming that field as a normal text field, does it work then?  What do the values look like?

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM

i follow your advice:

I just get the value of my lookup fields in a standard text. and ID is not recovered there is only the content of the field without the key!

Is there possible to add the ID (as std lookup) with the "Cascading Drop Down List (with filter) ?

Developer
Jan 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Well, if that codeplex project isn't storing the ID, there's not a whole lot that SLAM can do about it.  I would suggest you look for another tool that behaves like a lookup.

Yours,

Allan

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM

thank you very much for your help.
I'll try to find another lookup.
If you know of cascaded free I am interested.

Best regards
Lionel