This project is read-only.

PLEASE HELP: Unmatched Types

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Hello All,

I have recently installed and setup SLAM in my MOSS development environment. I have worked through a few configuration issues (User authentication, DB connection), but I am still running into issues with validating through the SLAM Control Panel. I am still experiencing the following error:

Unmatched Types
girish - TestList1 (Could not open Site)

Contained below are the settings for the 2 test lists along with the slam.config file.

Any ideas?

p.s. I removed and reinstalled SLAM to assure that the lists existed prior to installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site URL:

http://accentur-cowt49;8222/sites/girish

TestList1
Title                  Single line of text  
Company          Single line of text 
Profession        Single line of text 
Created By        Person or Group  
Modified By       Person or Group 

TestList2
Title                 Single line of text  
Company         Single line of text 
Created By       Person or Group  
Modified By     Person or Group  

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=SLAMTest;Data Source=accentur-cowt49;Integrated Security=SSPI" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

<DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM">
    <List Site="girish" Name="TestList1" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Company" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="true"></Field>
        <Field Name="Profession" SPType="Lookup" AssociatedList="TestList2" AssociationName="TestList1ToTestList2"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
  </DataMapping>
</Configuration>

Developer
Jul 6, 2009 at 8:45 PM

From your URL it seems to me that "girish" is a site collection not a site.  Also according to your list of columns, Profession is a single line of text, not a lookup.  So you should alter your slam.config to look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Configuration>
  <ConnectionStrings Default="SLAM">
    <add Name="SLAM" ConnectionString="Database=SLAMTest;Data Source=accentur-cowt49;Integrated Security=SSPI" />
  </ConnectionStrings>

<DataMapping DataSchema="SLAM" SiteCollection="sites/girish">
    <List Name="TestList1" ActivationOrder="1">
      <Fields>
        <Field Name="Company" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
        <Field Name="Profession" SqlType="varchar(255)" SPType="Text" Required="false"></Field>
      </Fields>
    </List>
  </DataMapping>
</Configuration>

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for replying so quickly Brian,

I copied the XML into my slam.config. I am one step closer, however, I am getting the following error:

Matched Types                                          Unmatched Fields

TestList1                                                    TestList1: Company

Matched Fields

TestList1: Profession

I am trying to show a simple relationship here between profession and company

please look below for updated list definitions

TestList1
Title                  Single line of text  
Profession        Single line of text 
Created By        Person or Group  
Modified By       Person or Group 

TestList2
Title                 Single line of text  
Company         Single line of text 
Created By       Person or Group  
Modified By     Person or Group 

Any ideas? 

Developer
Jul 6, 2009 at 9:35 PM

OK I must have misread your table columns at first.  What you have configured so far is just TestList1.  So the Fields you should configure under it should be Title and Profession.  Company as a Field would belong under TestList2, also with its Title Field, if you added it as another List to your configuration.  If you then want to create a relationship between these two lists one of them needs to have a Lookup field to the other, defining the relationship in SharePoint, which you can then configure as an Association in the slam config.